Upcoming Webinars for the Canadian Charity Law Association
The Canadian Charity Law Association is delivering some upcoming webinars. Registration is free but space is limited. Topics are subject to change.
More information on each of these webinars and how to register is provided below:
Should we set up a Canadian Charity and if so how?
Wed, Jun 6, 2018 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
Establishing a non-profit with or without charitable status is a difficult decision with significant responsibilities. This presentation will discuss:
• The differences between non-profit and charity
• Issues to consider when exploring charitable registration
• How to set-up a non-profit or charity
• How to apply for charitable status
• Common mistakes made in applying for charitable status
• Why many organizations would be better off not applying for charitable status
This webinar will be presented by Mark Blumberg. Mark is a partner at Blumberg Segal LLP and practices in the areas of Charity and Non-Profit Law.
You can register here at: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6422774474119663873
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. This webinar is offered by the Canadian Charity Law Association and it is provided on a complimentary basis. Space is limited.
- Philanthropy and First Nations with Richard Bridge https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/5404821320772560652
- ONCA is Coming in 2020: Should We Doing Anything Now?
- Introduction to Risk Management for charities and non-profits
- Dangers of Restricted Gifts https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5902882486636630018
- Growing up and becoming Canadian - Ontario (OCA) to Federal (CNCA) continuance and select CRA issues with continuance
- Business and social enterprise for charities
- Foreign Activities 101: Introduction to Canadian charities carrying out foreign activities https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/8806313368149701388
- Should we set up a Canadian Charity and if so how?
- Top 10 Charity Law Issues for Canadian Registered Charities
- Federal Non-Profit Corporations and the CNCA continuance - October 17 is around the corner!
- Charitable Receipting – The Do’s and Don’ts with Mark Blumberg
- Groundbreaking Report: Time, Treasure and Talent: Canadian Women and Philanthropy
- Fundraising Accountability and Transparency
- Surviving and Thriving as a CNCA Corporation
- Operating in Difficult Areas
- First Nations and Philanthropy
- Top Employment Law Mistakes Made by Charities and Non-Profits
- Lessons in Not-for-Profit Corporate Law: Tales from the Courts
- Donor Advised funds
- Political Activities
- Online Giving in Canada: Where are we now, where are we going, what are the risks?
- The Importance of an Employment Agreement for Canadian Charities and Non-Profits
- Compassion Fatigue Education and Self-Care for International Development Workers
- Business activities and Canadian registered charities
- 7 Deadly Sins of Sponsorship
- The Rules of Lobbying in Canada for Canadian charities and non-profits
- Webinar to discuss the CRA’s new consultation on political activities with Mark Blumberg
- Everybody Wins! Best Practices in Charity Board Recruitment
- Keeping your corporate records up to date
- Termination and Dismissal in Ontario
- Top Charity Law Issues for Canadian Registered Charities https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/960002672861400323
- Strategies for professional athletes interested in philanthropy in Canada
- Minimizing Risk in your Onboarding of Volunteers and Staff https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/8214047140709145858
- How to Read and Understand Financial Statements and Reports for Your Small to Mid-Size Charity or Not-for-profit Organization https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/6505966813537683462