The secret location of the old T3010A form!

January 07, 2010 | By: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) Mark Blumberg
Topics: News, What's New from the Charities Directorate of CRA, Canadian Charity Law

As of 2009 Canadian charities need to file the T3010B form for year ends after January 1, 2009.  For almost all charities they have no more use for the T3010A.  CRA has removed the old T3010A form because so many charities were mistakenly filing the t3010A when in fact they should be filing the T3010B Anyway there are reasons that one may want to look at a T3010A including if you are making application for reregistration and you are required to complete the T3010A or you are wondering about the CRA database and what number aligns with what question.  Anyway CRA has done a good job hiding the form to keep it away from you those who might mistakenly use it.  Here is a copy of the T3010A if you require

Do you require legal advice with respect to Canadian or Ontario non-profits or charities?


Charity Lawyer Mark Blumberg

Mark Blumberg is a partner at the law firm of Blumberg Segal LLP in Toronto and works almost exclusively in the areas of non-profit and charity law.
Download vCard



Blumberg Segal LLP
Barristers & Solicitors
#1202 - 390 Bay Street
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 2Y2 Canada

Charity Law List

Join Blumbergs' non-profit and charities newsletter
View recent issue: July 2019