T3010B - CRA’s views on “What constitutes a completed annual filing?”

April 10, 2010 | By: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) Mark Blumberg
Topics: News, What's New from the Charities Directorate of CRA, Canadian Charity Law

It is very important that Canadian registered charities file their T3010B Registered Charity Information Return.  This is supposed to be done within 6 months of the year end.  However, it is important not only that it is filed but also that it is accurate and complete.  In the Charities Directorate mailing called RC296E What’s the Scoop 2010 or the French version at RC296F En exclusivité 2010 Renseignements pour les organismes de bienfaisance enregistrés the CRA discusses what “What constitutes a completed annual filing?”

“What constitutes a completed annual filing?
The Income Tax Act requires a charity to file an information return each year. All charities with fiscal periods ending in 2009 and onward must submit:
? Form T3010B, Registered Charity Information Return;
? Form TF725, Registered Charity Basic Information Sheet;
? Form T1235, Directors/Trustees and Like Officials Worksheet;
? Form T1236, Qualified Donees Worksheet / Amounts Provided to Other Organizations (if applicable);
? a copy of the charity’s financial statements;
? Form T2081, Excess Corporate Holdings Worksheet for Private Foundations (if applicable); and
? Form RC232-WS, Director/Officer Worksheet and Ontario Corporations Information Act Annual Return or Form RC232, Ontario Corporations Information Act Annual Return (if applicable).

Note: Failure to include financial statements with a charity’s return can lead to revocation of its registration.”


Mark Blumberg is a lawyer at Blumberg Segal LLP in Toronto, Ontario.  To find out more about legal services that Blumbergs provides to Canadian charities and non-profits please visit http://www.canadiancharitylaw.ca or http://www.globalphilanthropy.ca  Mark can be contacted at or at 416-361-1982.

This article is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be legal advice. You should not act or abstain from acting based upon such information without first consulting a legal professional.



Do you require legal advice with respect to Canadian or Ontario non-profits or charities?


Charity Lawyer Mark Blumberg

Mark Blumberg is a partner at the law firm of Blumberg Segal LLP in Toronto and works almost exclusively in the areas of non-profit and charity law.

Download vCard



Blumberg Segal LLP
Barristers & Solicitors
#1202 - 390 Bay Street
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 2Y2 Canada

Charity Law List

Join Blumbergs' non-profit and charities newsletter
View recent issue: August 2019