Topics: News, What's New from the Charities Directorate of CRA, Canadian Charity Law, Top Resources, Global Giving, Canadian Charity Statistics
Blumbergs has created the largest Canadian registered charity information portal at www.charitydata.ca with up to 13 years information on every Canadian registered charity. We have just added additional ways to sort data at www.charitydata.ca. You can search by name, BN, Program, Charity Type, Revenue, Province and City.
You can also sort by over 25 different parametres listed below.
– Legal name
– Total assets (4200)
– Total liabilities (4350)
– Total revenue (4700)
– Total expenditures (5100)
– Receipted donations (4500)
– Total amount received from other charities (4510)
– Total amount of tax-receipted gifts-in-kind (580)
– Revenue from sale of goods and services (4640)
– Total revenue received from federal government (4540)
– Total revenue received from provincial / territorial governments (4550)
– Total revenue received from municipal / regional governments (4560)
– Total tax-receipted revenue from outside Canada (4571)
– Total non tax-receipted revenue from outside Canada (4575)
– Total Advertising and promotion (4800)
– Occupancy costs (4850)
– Professional and consulting fees (4860)
– Total expenditures on charitable activities (5000)
– Total expenditures on management and administration (5010)
– Total expenditures on fundraising (5020)
– Total expenditures on political activities, inside or outside Canada (5030)
– Total other expenditures (5040)
– Total amounts paid to external fundraisers (5460)
– Total compensation expenditures (390)
– Total Expenditures Outside of Canada / Foreign Activities (200)
More about http://www.charitydata.ca:
www.charitydata.ca provides a easy to use interface that is far easier to use than the CRA's Charities Listing to analyse T3010 information on a particular charity. It also allows the user to sort charities under "Advanced Charity Search" by over 25 criteria.
The Director Search function of www.charitydata.ca also allows users to search over 600,000 directors by their first and last names and it is the only publicly available and up-to-date tool for searching them.
The portal is free and the its aim is to increase transparency in the Canadian charity sector.
Do you require legal advice with respect to Canadian or Ontario non-profits or charities?
Mark Blumberg is a partner at the law firm of Blumberg Segal LLP in Toronto and works almost exclusively in the areas of non-profit and charity law.