Mark Blumberg and Brad Offman will be presenting a workshop on "Overcome Operational and Legal Challenges to Endowment Management"
Here is a description of the workshop:
Overcome Operational and Legal Challenges to Endowment Management
This interactive workshop will cover how to develop and execute best practices in managing an endowment. From legal requirements to funding agreements, understand the end-to-end process involved to overcome your implementation barriers.
1. Defining endowments – legal and practical definitions
2. The strategic decision to build or grow endowments
3. The regulatory framework for endowments and investments
4. Operational issues – governance and policy
5. Fundraising for endowments and donor engagement
6. Structuring donor and funding agreements
7. Applying new rules on existing endowment funds
8. Differentiating endowments and gift structures – the notion of perpetuity
Better manage your endowment to meet mandate, achieve compliance, and protect reputation.
Founder and Principal,
Blumberg Segal LLP
January 22nd, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Here is a copy of the brochure.
Do you require legal advice with respect to Canadian or Ontario non-profits or charities?
Mark Blumberg is a partner at the law firm of Blumberg Segal LLP in Toronto and works almost exclusively in the areas of non-profit and charity law.