Mark Blumberg will be speaking on "Planned Giving and the Elderly Client" conference on January 23, 2015
Here is the description of the presentation:
PLANNED GIVING AND THE ELDERLY CLIENT
Planned giving arrangements allow your client to help others and the causes that they wish to support after they are gone. Gifts of this type should be made part of a long-term tax, financial and estate planning strategy.
This session will look at methods for achieving goals while maximizing tax and estate planning benefits.
• What constitutes a gift in the planned giving setting
• Practical issues facing planned giving officers and professional advisors
• Legal, and ethical aspects of the planned giving
• Who can be the beneficiary for tax planning purposes
• Planned giving alternatives: choice of options
• Clarifying client’s planned giving goals
Here is the complete brochure.
Do you require legal advice with respect to Canadian or Ontario non-profits or charities?
Mark Blumberg is a partner at the law firm of Blumberg Segal LLP in Toronto and works almost exclusively in the areas of non-profit and charity law.