Here is a list of some of the top 10 workshops I have been delivering around Canada over the last year. If you think that your organization can benefit let me know and maybe we can work something out.
1) Should we become a registered charity and if so how - 2 hours
2) Top 20 Legal Issues for Canadian registered Charities - 3 hours
3) Governance 101 for Canadian charities and their board of directors 1-2 hours
4) Governance, Ethics and Financial Controls: Avoiding Misuse of Charitable Assets - 3 hours
5) Receipting by registered charities and avoiding improper receipting 1.5-3 hours
6) CRA’s Fundraising Guidance - Legal and Ethical issues. 1.5 -3 hours
7) Foreign Activities by Canadian Charities - 2 hours
8) Social Enterprise and Business Activities by Canadian Charities - 2 hours
9) Avoiding Extreme Misuse of Charitable Assets -Fraud, Money Laundering, and Terrorism 1.5 hours
10) Low Cost Fundraising - Legal Issues with Third Party Events and Bequests 1.5 hours
Do you require legal advice with respect to Canadian or Ontario non-profits or charities?
Mark Blumberg is a partner at the law firm of Blumberg Segal LLP in Toronto and works almost exclusively in the areas of non-profit and charity law.