Canada Revenue Agency Form T1240: Registered Charity Adjustment Request for T3010

June 15, 2010 | By: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) Mark Blumberg
Topics: News, What's New from the Charities Directorate of CRA, Canadian Charity Law, Ethics and Canadian Charities

CRA has updated the form for Canadian registered charities to file with CRA if the charity has made errors in its T3010 Registered Charity Information Return and related forms.  The form can be found at: It is important that Canadian registered charities not only file their T3010 but also complete it accurately.  Many donors and funders look at the T3010 and errors on that form can undermine a charity’s ability to obtain donations and funding.

According to the form:

“If you are an authorized person, you can use this form to submit changes to the information filed on Form T3010, Registered Charity Information Return,
on Form TF725, Registered Charity Basic Information Sheet (BIS) and to the information as it appears on Form T1242, Registered Charity Information
Return Summary. You can also use Section B to change the charity’s address at any time.”

Do you require legal advice with respect to Canadian or Ontario non-profits or charities?


Charity Lawyer Mark Blumberg

Mark Blumberg is a partner at the law firm of Blumberg Segal LLP in Toronto and works almost exclusively in the areas of non-profit and charity law.
Download vCard



Blumberg Segal LLP
Barristers & Solicitors
#1202 - 390 Bay Street
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 2Y2 Canada

Charity Law List

Join Blumbergs' non-profit and charities newsletter
View recent issue: July 2019