Join us on October 15, 2014 in Toronto for the 3rd Annual Blumbergs' Canadian Charity Law Institute. We will be having approximately 10 speakers covering different legal and compliance issues affecting Canadian charities and non-profits. It will be a full day of practical legal and ethical compliance information geared toward charities, professional advisors and those interested in regulatory issues affecting charities. Space is limited. To register click here. If you want to know details as they become available make sure that you are on the Blumbergs' Charity Law Newsletter. The early bird special code is EB2014.
Some of the presentations will include:
- 10 Good ideas for changes in Ontario that benefit the non-profit sector (Cathy Taylor, E.D., Ontario Nonprofit Network (ONN))
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (CASL) and what has been learned (Yi-Mei Ting, Blumberg Segal LLP)
- The Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act – What now? Post-transition deadline update and obligations to stay in good standing (Coleen Kirby, Industry Canada)
- Social enterprise, charities & non-profit organizations - what's new and what's important (Richard Bridge, Charity Lawyer)
- Charities Directorate Modernization and the T3010 (Susan Groundwater, Charities Directorate, CRA)>
- State of the Sector and Recent Development (Mark Blumberg)
- Operating in difficult areas (Amy Avis, Canadian Red Cross)
- Gift Agreements and Difficult donors (Lynn Gluckman, Blumberg Segal LLP)
- Political Activities and Canadian Charities: A turbulent few years (Mark Blumberg)
- How corporations think about philanthropy (Brad Offman, Spire Philanthropy)
If you want to register you can do so through Eventbrite. The early bird special code is EB2014.
Thank you to Spire Philanthropy for sponsoring us: