CIDA presentation and material on Partnership with Canadians Branch (PWCB)- August 2010
Posted under News | Global Giving | CIDA
For those who could not attend the CIDA presentation today in Toronto here is a copy of the CIDA presentation and material on Partnership with Canadians Branch- August 2010. There are some questions posed in this document that CIDA is looking for input by Wednesday August 25. Here is a cleaner copy of the CIDA presentation from the OCIC, without the questions.
Here are some of my learnings from the meeting:
1) The Partnership with Canadians Branch will have a budget of 250 million which is similar to Partnership Branch now;
2) Lots of people do not see themselves reflected in the current structure of CIDA. This seems to apply to 2 groups - groups that don’t get CIDA funding, never have and don’t think they ever have a shot at funding. Also there were some participants who are concerned that these changes came without them (or others they know) being consulted.
3) The 80% aligned to thematic priorities and 50% of resources in 20 countries - this alignment is expected to be done by 2012/13. It is already 67% complete.
4) The Partnership with Canadians Branch “Partners for Development Program) will be divided into five areas:
-Small Projects Partners (30m)
-Large Projects Partners (95m) - over 2m projects and no upward limit
-Knowledge Partners (20m)
-Volunteer Cooperation Partners (50m)
-University Partners (25m)
5) The Global Citizens Program will be increased to about 23m.
6) In 2 or so weeks there should be a call on Haiti
7) For new projects coming up later there will be a RFP process;
8) September 30 is deadline for using current application form
9) Thank you to OCIC for organizing the session. Very valuable.
10) Thank you to CIDA for coming out - this was not an easy audience and the two CIDA reps did a great job of presenting and responding.